The best cosplayers will show off their skills and costumes during the Cosplay Contest at Heroes Dutch Comic Con 2018. It doesn't matter if you want to participate or watch, make sure you will attend the Cosplay Contest!
The Cosplay Contest is without a doubt one of the most important events of Heroes Dutch Comic Con. Professional and semiprofessional cosplayers from The Netherlands and abroad will do their utmost best to impress the judges with their impressive outfits and spectacular performances. Join us at the Main Stage and encourage your favorite cosplayers! The Cosplay Contest is powered by Hype Creations.
What is cosplay?
Cosplay is a shortened form of two words ‘costume’ and ‘play’. It is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character. Cosplay costumes are often based on comics, manga, anime, cartoons, video games, movies and tv-series.
The jury consists of three professional cosplayers from abroad. These artists have earned their stripes in cosplay. They will judge the contestants on their costumes as well as their acts (both aspects weigh equally). In the coming weeks we will announce which cosplay guests will be part of the jury of the Cosplay Contest of the winter edition of Heroes Dutch Comic Con 2018.
Would you like to show your cosplay skills to the world on a huge stage? Then our Cosplay Contest is a perfect match for you. You can find the registration form below. If you are looking for something that's a bit more approachable? In that case, the Cosplay Catwalk might be a great alternative.
Important information for participants of the Cosplay Contest:
- Costumes can’t be obscene or insulting, nor inspire hatred. Nudity is not allowed as well. All costumes should give enough coverage to wear in public. Be aware that children will be present. Of course, this rule applies to all visitors.
- All solo contestants are expected to perform an act of a maximum of 90 seconds. Duo acts are expected to perform an act of maximum 2 minutes.
- Costumes have to be based on existing characters. Self-designed and derivative characters are not allowed.
- The act will be judged on both the costume and the performance. Both elements will be judged evenly.
- Costumes have to be self-made. Modified elements are allowed, but the entire costume can’t be store bought. During pre-selection the contestants have to explain which parts are custom-made and which parts are store-bought.
- Genderbend cosplay is allowed, although the costume has to represent the character as faithfully as possible.
- A host on stage will ask you a couple of questions.
- You can win prizes in various categories. You can't subscribe for one particular category.
Prizes of the Cosplay Contest
The contestants of the Cosplay Contest will be judged by the jury on various aspects. Contestants can win in various categories. The overall main prize can be won on Sunday. This is an all-inclusive trip to a Heroes Comic Con in Europe! The exact details will be communicated soon. There will also be additional prizes added in due time
Saturday - PrizesBest overall - To be announced
Best costume - To be announced
Best act - To be announced
Judge’s favorite - To be announced
Deadpool’s Prize of Awesomeness – To be announced
Sunday - Prizes
Best overall (hoofdprijs) - An all-inclusive trip to a Heroes Comic Con within Europe, including entrance ticket, flight ticket, accommodation and pocket money.
Best costume - To be announced
Our Cosplay Contest is full. It's not possible anymore to register.
Questions concerning our Cosplay Catwalk or Cosplay Contest?
Our Cosplay Catwalk is full. It's not possible anymore to register.