Portfolio reviews with Mark Chiarello, Vice President Art Direction Design at DC Comics
We have the pleasure of welcoming the vice president Art Direction and Design of DC Comics, Mark Chiarello, at Heroes Dutch Comic Con. This is a very exclusive opportunity for comic artists. They will get a chance to present their portfolio to Mark Chiarello.
You can read more about Mark Chiarello here.
Comic artists can present their portfolio during the weekend of Heroes Dutch Comic Con. Only portfolios created according to these rules will be accepted for review. Mark Chiarello will select who he wants to meet privately, so not everyone who presents their portfolio will get a private meeting with Mark Chiarello. Please know that he is not looking for personal projects.
- Please deposit your portfolio at the Comics Area.
- Your portfolio should only carry copies, never originals and should be in A4 format.
- After the cover page, you must add a resume with your work to this date.
- The portfolios must have a minimum of six and a maximum of twelve pages (in black and white or in color). Each page of the portfolio must contain on top the
- full name, email address and telephone number of the author.
- The selection will be based on the quality and readiness to be published or close to it.
- If Mark Chiarello decides not to keep it, it will be returned to you at the same place. If you are not selected, please do not try again with the same portfolio on another day of the event, as you will not be received.
- If you are selected, you will be requested to present your ID at the meeting.
- If you don’t speak English we recommend that you bring a translator with you to this professional meeting.
- To demonstrate your full range of qualities, we recommend that you to create a 12 page portfolio, shaped in the following way.
- Three action pages starring Marvel characters.
- Three action pages starring DC characters.
- Three pages based on people talking, people standing, things of regular life.
- Three pages with pin-ups, covers, illustrations.
We wish you all the luck in the world!
The time schedule for the portfolio review will be added in due time.
"We've all read a disappointing superhero comic and thought we could do a better job if only given the chance."
- DC Comics