Portfolio reviews with David Menchel, editor of DC comics
We have the pleasure of welcoming the editor of DC Comics, David Menchel, at Heroes Dutch Comic Con. This is a very exclusive opportunity for comic artists. They will get a chance to present their portfolio to David.
Read more about David Menchel.
10.00 – 11.30:
11.30 – 11:45
11.45 – 12.00:
12.00 – 13.00
13:00 – 13:45
14.00 – 16.00:
16.00 – 16.30:
16.45 – 17.00:
17.00 – 18.00:
10.00 – 12.00:
12.00 – 12.30:
13.00 – 13.45:
Comic artists can present their portfolio during the weekend of Heroes Dutch Comic Con. Only portfolios created according to these rules will be accepted for review. Editor David Menchel will select who he wants to meet privately, so not everyone who presents their portfolio will get a private meeting with David Menchel. Please know that he is not looking for personal projects.
- Please deposit your portfolio at the Comics Area.
- Your portfolio should only carry copies, never originals and should be in A4 format.
- After the cover page, you must add a resume with your work to this date.
- Your portfolio must have a minimum of six and a maximum of twelve pages (in black and white or in color).
- The portfolio must contain on top the full name, email address and telephone number of the author.
- The selection will be based on the quality and readiness to be published or close to it.
- If editor David Menchel decides not to keep it, it will be returned to you at the same place. If you are not selected, please do not try again with the same portfolio on another day of the event. This is not allowed.
- If you are selected, you will be requested to present your ID at the meeting.
- If you don’t speak English we recommend that you bring a translator with you to this professional meeting.
To demonstrate your full range of qualities, we recommend that you to create a 12 page portfolio, shaped in the following way:
- Three action pages starring DC Comics characters.
- Three action pages starring Marvel characters.
- Three pages based on people talking, people standing, things of regular life.
- Three pages with pin-ups, covers, illustrations.