Admire all beautiful Cosplayers during the Cosplay Contest at Heroes Dutch Comic Con, or participate by yourself. Professional and semi-professional cosplayers from The Netherlands will do their utmost best to impress the judges with their impressive outfits and spectacular performances. They will show their skills and costumes to win cool prizes. Please note; FULL=FULL
WHAT IS COSPLAY?
Cosplay is a shortened form of two words ‘costume’ and ‘play’. It is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character. Cosplay costumes are often based on comics, manga, anime, cartoons, video games, movies and tv-series.
HAVE A LOOK AT THE TIMETABLE
Important information for participants of the Cosplay Contest:
- Saturday participants must be at least 16 years old.
- Sunday participants must be at least 18 years old.
- Outfits are not permitted to be obscene, offensive, incite hatred, or provoke. Nudity is also prohibited. Outfits must cover the entire body. There are, after all, children present. Of course, this rule applies to all HDCC visitors.
- For a solo act, all participants must perform a maximum of 90 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes for a duo act.
- The Cosplay Competition only accepts solo and duo entries.
- Duo entries must come from the same franchise/game/movie.
- Outfits must adhere to the I.P. (Intellectual Property) holder’s designs.
- Self-created characters, own designs based on reference material, and self-designed designs are not permitted in the competition, but are permitted on the Cosplay Catwalk.
- An international jury will judge both your act and your cosplay. Both aspects are equally important.
- The costumes for the cosplay competition must be made by the participants.
- On stage, a host may ask you a few questions.