Admire all beautiful cosplayers during the Cosplay Contest at the Main Stage, or participate by yourself. This big cosplay competition is one of the most important elements of Heroes Dutch Comic Con that you cannot miss.
Professional and semi-professional cosplayers from The Netherlands and abroad will do their utmost best to impress the judges with their impressive outfits and spectacular performances. They will show their skills and costumes at the Main Stage to win cool prizes or the first prize: an all-inclusive trip to another Heroes Comic Con in Europe. Join us at the Main Stage and encourage your favorite cosplayers!
The Cosplay Contest is powered by Hype Creations.
What is cosplay?
Cosplay is a shortened form of two words ‘costume’ and ‘play’. It is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character. Cosplay costumes are often based on comics, manga, anime, cartoons, video games, movies and tv-series.
Participate in the cosplay contest?
Show the audience what you’ve got and grab your moment to shine on the Main Stage of Heroes Dutch Comic Con! Sign up for the Cosplay Contest and compete with the best cosplayers of the Netherlands and even from abroad. Participating is definitely not just for the honor, because the main prize is an all-expenses paid trip to one of the Heroes comic con’s in Europe (TBD). Besides the main prize, contestants can also win several other prizes in various categories. Before, during and after the Cosplay Contest, the participants will be judged by a professional jury with famous cosplayers. Good luck to all participants!
Registrations for the Cosplay Contest are open from 13 January to 2 February.
Important information for participants of the Cosplay Contest:
- Costumes can’t be obscene or insulting, nor inspire hatred. Nudity is not allowed as well. All costumes should give enough coverage to wear in public. Be aware that children will be present. Of course, this rule applies to all visitors.
- All solo contestants are expected to perform an act of a maximum of 90 seconds. Duo acts are expected to perform an act of maximum 2 minutes.
- Costumes have to be based on existing characters. Self-designed and derivative characters are not allowed.
- The act will be judged on both the costume and the performance. Both elements will be judged evenly.
- Costumes have to be self-made. Modified elements are allowed, but the entire costume can’t be store bought. During pre-selection the contestants have to explain which parts are custom-made and which parts are store-bought.
- Genderbend cosplay is allowed, although the costume has to represent the character as faithfully as possible.
- A host on stage will ask you a couple of questions.
- You can win prizes in various categories. You can’t subscribe for one particular category.
- Best overall
- Best costume
- Best act
- Best overall (main prize)
- An all-expenses paid trip to a Heroes Comic Con in Europe (TBD), including entrance ticket, flight ticket, accommodation and pocket money.
- Film makeup do-it-yourself package powered by ELCFX
- Best costume
- Best act
The jury consists of professional cosplayers from abroad. These artists have earned their stripes in cosplay. They will judge the contestants on their costumes as well as their acts (both aspects weigh equally).
The cosplay jury of Heroes Dutch Comic Con 2020 Spring Edition will be announced soon.