Admire all beautiful cosplayers during the Cosplay Contest at Heroes Dutch Comic Con, or participate by yourself. Professional and semi-professional cosplayers from The Netherlands will do their utmost best to impress the judges with their impressive outfits and spectacular performances. They will show their skills and costumes to win cool prizes.
What is Cosplay?
Cosplay is a shortened form of two words ‘costume’ and ‘play’. It is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character. Cosplay costumes are often based on comics, manga, anime, cartoons, video games, movies and tv-series.
Important information for participants of the Cosplay Contest:
- Costumes can’t be obscene or insulting, nor inspire hatred. Nudity is not allowed as well. All costumes should give enough coverage to wear in public. Be aware that children will be present. Of course, this rule applies to all visitors.
- All solo contestants are expected to perform an act of a maximum of 90 seconds. Duo acts are expected to perform an act of maximum 2 minutes.
- Costumes have to be based on existing characters. Self-designed and derivative characters are not allowed.
- The act will be judged on both the costume and the performance. Both elements will be judged evenly.
- Costumes must be selfmade. Small parts of the costume may be store-bought, but the majority must be selfmade.
- Genderbend cosplay is allowed, although the costume has to represent the character as faithfully as possible.
- A host on stage will ask you a couple of questions.
- You can win prizes with the contest. You can’t subscribe for one particular category.